Direct Hire: Buffalo, NY and Vicinity
Compensation: Hourly + OT + Full Benefits + Mileage ($20-$25 hour)
***Please Note: Must be able to fix hardware and software Issues + work in Active Directory / Exchange Server***
Field Service Engineer
If you’re looking for a position where you can utilize your existing skills and have an opportunity to work on current technology, this is a career opportunity for you! Our Service Assurance Engineers are the “fire fighters” of our organization. They are called upon to provide a variety of services to our customers, including quick problem resolution on desktop/laptop hardware and software as well as printers and associated peripherals.
Challenges and Results:
Our Field Service Engineers must have a strong technical background and good communication skills to deal effectively with our client base. One of the keys to your success will be your ability to listen carefully to the customer, understand the issues and implement the right solution.
Actions and Results:
- Performs hardware and desktop troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common computer software and hardware problems.
- Repairs, installs, and upgrades computer hardware and software components as required.
- Ensures compliance with company technical and quality standards/procedures as well as the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
- Escalates problems within parameters.
- Develops and maintains client relationships and identifies opportunities to extend existing agreements.
- Communicate sales leads.
- Maintains effective communication with internal Call Dispatchers and with customers.
- Completes required documentation for all Work Orders and provide updates in real time.
- Work to completion.
- Required to do some after hours and weekend installs as scheduled.
- A+ Certification required, Network + Preferred
- In depth knowledge of server hardware and software
- Expert on desktop/laptop hardware and operating systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft desktop applications
- Demonstrate the ability to develop or possess strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to develop or possess strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of utility tools, including virus applications and signatures
- Basic knowledge of workstation backups and restores
- Basic knowledge of Server hardware and Operating System
- Ability to work on projects after hours and week ends
- Ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers & internal staff
- Ability to travel to customer locations.